An online marketplace website can be understood basically as an e-commerce website where we can find different brand product and inventory which is offered by a number of third parties. These marketplaces will collect products from different a number of manufacturer and suppliers and of course, different providers means different ranges of price and products will be delivered across cities and countries. That’s how Amazon model works.
This business model is cost-effective to construct an online presence and includes a wide range of products with different discounts to enhance the sale volume.
Marketplace model brings huge benefits of enormous selling opportunities to merchants. Due to the diversification of brokers and marketing agents, the price would be quite low in comparison to other online stores. It is undeniable that selling products on the own online store will cost higher and revenue will below and these marketplace websites provide opportunities to the seller to generate high profit.
Why should we choose Magento 2 to build marketplace:
- Opened and flexible design consists on new-generation architecture.
- Engaging shopping platform with custom and smooth customer experience across any device.
- Boosting business agility and efficiency that help for fast-growing vendor network.
- Boosting page speed, performance and conversion rate by using enterprise-grade scalability feature.
- Ensuring payment security with major payment methods including PayPal, Braintree and other major money brokers.
- Easy to maintain and update with a number of modular architecture features.
- Combining few domain names into one control panel to manage them from a single panel.
- Reducing Issues of table locking with improved page caching.
The feature of Magento 2 marketplace to build website like Amazon:
- The theme is designed for pages to customize them by editing or adding the PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Shop by brand
- Mega menu allows both administrator and customers to manage and display all kind of information flexibly and optimize web navigation performance
- Quick view: Customers can view product detail quickly without leaving the page.
- One step checkout will reduce the abandonment cart up to 70%
- Overview to get all reports and sales for vendor
- Show total sales on chart with exact dates, month or year
- Seller can manage orders by status, tracking info updated and can send invoice to their customers
- Vendor can change product into new product easily
- Store locator