Acumen is the best supported and most extensible Magento theme in the world — and a best seller too.
Acumen is a powerfully flexible, grid-based Magento theme. It was designed specifically for easy customization and to fit a wide range of stores. Its minimal layout puts maximum attention on products, while keeping a clean and modern aesthetic throughout. You’ll love it!
Always Updated + Full Magento Compatibility
Acumen 1.3.4 is designed for Magento 22.214.171.124 Community Edition.
Store owners, developers, and design studios choose Acumen because it’s the best supported and most rigorously updated Magento theme available. Buyers count on Acumen updates to run their business, and they’ve never been let down.
- Magento 126.96.36.199
- Magento 188.8.131.52
- Magento 184.108.40.206
- Magento 220.127.116.11
- Magento 18.104.22.168
- Magento 22.214.171.124
- Magento 126.96.36.199
- Magento 188.8.131.52
- Magento 184.108.40.206
- Magento 220.127.116.11
- Magento 18.104.22.168
- Magento 22.214.171.124
- Magento 126.96.36.199
Acumen has been updated for every Magento Stable release — over two years of reliable updates!
Acumen Custom Features
- 15 UI Widgets: create interactive content sliders, pop overs, featured product lists with ease
- 15 Snippets: add content areas you can update from the Magento Admin with no coding!
- 960 Grid System: every template follows an orderly 12-column grid
- HTML5 markup: scrubbed clean of bulk and infused with semantic power
- CSS3 galore: progressively enhanced styles reward modern browsers while staying lean
- Language translation ready: 100% of Acumen’s templates use Magento’s translation methods
- 10 Sliders: New Products + Featured Products + Large Promo + Grid Based
- Mega Navigation Menu: show the full catalog structure easily
- Mini-Cart Menu: users see the cart on every page
- Designed for customizations: includes override.css for easy upgrades
- Web font ready: primed for Typekit / @font-face / Cufon
Magento Core Features
- Category (Grid & List View) + Faceted Navigation
- Product Page (with Related Products + Cross Sell + Reviews)
- Product types: Simple, Configurable, Grouped, Bundled
- Search Autocomplete
- Cart (with Up Sell) + Onepage Checkout + Multiple Address Checkout
- Customer Dashboard (with Order History + Reviews + Tags + more)
- CMS Pages (100% layout freedom with grids)
- Send to Friend + Wishlist + Gift Messages
Need more details? The Acumen Tour has you covered. Explore every aspect of Acumen’s development and see why it’s perfect.
#1. Quality Over Quantity
We focused on what matters: primary navigation, deep linking home page, manageable featured products, and seamless interaction. Still looking for color variations? Acumen supports over 65,000 via CSS . Acumen’s intelligent features are so natural, you’ll have to pay attention to notice them.
#2. Better Design
Acumen was made for clarity and organization. We shook up the visual hierarchy to highlight the most important information and removed the clutter. The result was beautiful catalog and product pages with prominent photography. Both checkout modes were streamlined for simplicity. View Acumen’s clean layouts.
#3. True Grid System
While other themes claim to implement grids like 960.gs, they don’t. Look at the markup for proof. Every template in Acumen was stripped of Magento’s structural markup and replaced with our flexible grid. SeeAcumen’s grid framework.
#4. Better Code
We followed Magento and Zend best practices when writing Acumen from theme fallback hierarchy to fully supporting multi-language translation. Every modification is annotated with comments, and the every frontend template’s markup was scrubbed for improved semantics and accessibility. That’s SEO gold. View our code practices.
#5. Better Performance
#6. Rigorous Updates
Acumen was a launch theme for the Magento category, and it has the most active development history. We’ve supported every stable Magento version with a full compatibility release (usually in ~1 week). Other themes are still multiple Magento versions behind. We’re streets ahead, view the changelog.
#7. Amazing Support
Read through the comments. We answer every question and problem within 24 hours, often much faster than that. We don’t ignore customers or bugs, and include a comprehensive Magento/Acumen installation guide with suggestions for server selection and store configuration settings to help you go live.
GravDept has sold hundreds of Magento themes and has seen Magento running in over 40 different server environments. We know from experience what works and what doesn’t.
We recommend Nexcess hosting for Magento websites. Each SIP (Secure Isolated Platform) is an entirely self-contained and fine-tuned eCommerce environment. They provide the most stable, secure, and scalable out-of-the-box Magento hosting solution.
- Full PCI compliance
- Nightly database backups
- R1Soft continuous filesystem backups
- 7.5 GB of RAID 10 storage
- 16 GB memory
- 75 GB/mo bandwidth
- US-based and UK-based locations